Thank you for your interest in our PhD programme.
The registration is now closed.
Please register here and provide us with your contact details along with the details of at least two referees. Your referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at either a university or research institute, who know you well.
Once you have completed the registration form, your nominated referees will receive a personalised link to the standard reference form and upload page. You will be notified by email when a reference letter is submitted.
We will not consider applications until we have received 2 reference letters. Therefore, please ensure that you contact your referees in time.
Information required for registration:
- Personal data, including your current university or institute affiliation and contact details
- Contact details of your referees
Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a link to your personalised online application form by e-mail. The link is located at the end of the guidelines on how to apply. The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents listed below.
In the first step, you need to choose a password. It will allow you to access your application again in case you do not finish all steps of the application at once. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
Information required for application (click here to download an example):
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc)
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honours or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words)
- Details on any research stay abroad during studies
- Details of past research experience
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation or poster, date and location of the conference)
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected.
- A motivational statement describing your interest in GenEvo and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words)
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB)
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
- University studies as far as completed
(including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
- English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available)
- High school certificate (if available)
If degree forms and records from your university or high school certificates are not available in English, we do not require authorised translations for this application. If you encounter any technical problems, please contact the GenEvo coordinator (Email).
About 30 shortlisted students will be invited for interviews from 04 - 08 April 2022. Although we prefer face-to-face interviews in Mainz, we will hold online interviews in case the pandemic makes it impossible to travel from certain regions of the world. Costs for accommodation and travel to on-site interviews (also intercontinental) are covered by GenEvo.
You must register by 20 January 2022 and apply by 27 January 2022 in order to be considered.
Update 20.01.2022: Registration extended until 27.1.2022 !