- Address: iomE, Hanns-Dieter-Hüsch-Weg 15 (Biozentrum I, 01.478), 55128 Mainz
- Phone: +49 (0)6131 - 39 25587
"The RTG will foster the development of state-of-the-art genomic resources, allowing for understanding the evolution of complex phenotypic traits."
- Since 2020: Assistant professor/Group Leader, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität, Mainz
- 2019 - 2020: Lecturer - Integrated Pest Management, University College Dublin, Ireland
- 2018 - 2020: Senior postdoctoral researcher, BEES, University College Cork, Ireland
Project: Investigation of genetic determinants underlying anadromy in brown trout.
- 2015 - 2017: Postdoctoral researcher, SBCS, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Project: Population genomic and transcriptomic analyses of pollinator species.
- 2018 - 2019: Postgraduate Certificate - Teaching & Learning in Higher Education, University College Cork, Ireland
- 2008 - 2014: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of Dublin, Trinity College, Ireland
- 2007 - 2008: Master of Science in Immunology and Global Health Degree, Maynooth University, Ireland
- 2003 - 2007: Bachelor of Science in Zoology, University College Dublin, Ireland
Larragy S, Möllmann JS, Stout J, Carolan J, Colgan TJ (2023)
Signatures of Adaptation, Constraints, and Potential Redundancy in the Canonical Immune Genes of a Key Pollinator Genome Biology and Evolution, (15)4
Colgan TJ, Arce A, Gill R, Ramos Rodrigues A, Kanteh A, Duncan E, Li L, Chittka L, Wurm Y (2023)
Genomic Signatures of Recent Adaptation in a Wild Bumblebee Molecular Biology and Evolution, 39(2)
Möllmann JS, Colgan TJ (2022)
Genomic architecture and sexually dimorphic expression underlying immunity in the red mason bee, Osmia bicornis Insect Molecular Biology, 31(6):686–700
Wynne R, Archer LC, Hutton SA, Harman L, Gargan P, Moran PA, Dillane E, Coughlan J, Cross TF, McGinnity P, Colgan TJ, Reed TE (2021)
Alternative migratory tactics in brown trout (Salmo trutta) are underpinned by divergent regulation of metabolic but not neurological genes Ecology and Evolution, 11(12):8347-8362.
Colgan TJ, Moran PA, Archer LC, Wynne R, Hutton SA, McGinnity P and Reed TE (2021)
Evolution and Expression of the Immune System of a Facultatively Anadromous Salmonid Front. Immunol., 12
Colgan TJ, Finlay S, Brown MJF, Carolan JC (2019)
Mating precedes selective immune priming which is maintained throughout bumblebee queen diapause BMC Genomics, 20(1):959
Colgan TJ, Carolan J, Sumner S, Blaxter M, Brown M (2019)
Infection by the castrating parasitic nematode Sphaerularia bombi changes gene expression in Bombus terrestris bumblebee Insect Molecular Biology, 29(2):170-182
Deslyper G, Holland C, Colgan TJ, Carolan J (2019)
The liver proteome in a mouse model for Ascaris suum resistance and susceptibility: Evidence for an altered innate immune response Parasites and Vectors, 12(1):1-16
Colgan TJ, Fletcher I, Arce A, Gill R, Ramos Rodrigues A, Stolle E, Chittka L, Wurm Y (2019)
Caste- and pesticide-specific effects of neonicotinoid pesticide exposure on gene expression in bumblebees Molecular Ecology, 28(8):1964-1974
Green DS, Colgan TJ, Thompson RC, Carolan JC (2019)
Exposure to microplastics reduces attachment strength and alters the haemolymph proteome of blue mussels (Mytilus edulis). Environmental Pollution, 246:423-434